Arvinder “Vinny” Ginda is affiliated with Emotional Intelligence LLC and has been conducting research on emotional intelligence for the past ten years. Along the way he has developed and presented several training courses domestically and internationally. Courses such as Effective Communications, Critical Decision Making When it Counts, How to Increase your Emotional Intelligence during a Crisis. Conflicting Conversations, etc. Also, Supervisory Special Agent Arvinder “Vinny” Ginda is currently assigned to the Sacramento FBI Office located in Sacramento, CA and is a member of the FBI Hostage Negotiation Team. He speaks four languages (Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu and English) and graduated from Sacramento State University with Bachelors in Psychology, Associates Degree in Social and Behavioral Science, and Associates Degree in Criminal Justice. Vinny has experience in Domestic and International Kidnappings and also in handling hostage situations within the United States. He has taught hostage negotiations courses in the United States and several foreign countries and has traveled all over the Middle East, South East Asia, and most of North Africa conducting work related to his current profession
The "Why" Behind Violence in our Schools TodayDuring the presentation, participants will learn about research conducted in an effort to explain current adolescent behavior which often leads to anxiety, social anxiety, depression, suicide, video game addiction, attention deficit disorder and active shooter situations in schools. Participants will also learn about the possible solution that can assist students, teachers, and parents.
Learning Objectives and Participant OutcomesThe participants will learn about recent analysis of the impact of technology on teen and adult brains and conflict resolution techniques.
- Understand the impact of technology on the developing brain; how it hinders learning basic coping skills that are needed to resolve everyday problems.
- Teachers will learn what skills can be applied and taught to students to assist them learning to self manage their emotions.
- Participants will learn a decision making model that can assist everyone with better decision making during difficult situations.
- Participants will learn better emotional regulation and self control in any situation.
- Participants will learn techniques how to minimize addictions.
- Participants will have a better understanding of the developing brain which will assist them how to alter their engagements for better results.
- Participants will be able to better understand, explain and apply the importance of emotional regulation.
- Participants be able to better understand and mitigate an individual who is in a state of crisis.
- Participants will be able to learn a simple decision making model which will allow them to make responsible decisions in any situations
- Participants will learn the value of effective conversations and how to influence those they are communicating with.