One Pass Gives You Access To All Four Co-Located Conferences!
Register for any conference and enjoy all-access to every keynote, session, networking event, and exhibitions for all four co-located conferences.
3:00 - 4:00 Thu, Dec 01, 2022 Grand Ballroom V-VI
Cybersecurity and Cybersafety in K-12 educational Settings: Threat, Vulnerabilities & Cybersecurity AnnexThe purpose of this session is to increase awareness of K-12 admins in regards to the cybersecurity threats in K-12 setting by presenting threats, vulnerabilities and malicious actors in cybersecurity realm that can affect, sabotage and seize the regular operations of the school by impacting critical infrastructure. Further, the practical part of the presentation will illustrate how to make a cybersecurity annex that can be added to the school building Emergency Response Plan (ERP).
The goal of this presentation is to teach participants about major cyber threats schools are facing today and to develop a capacity of participant on how to develop a cybersecurity annex that will be a part of the school's Emergency and Preparedness Plan (ERP).
- Raising awaeness about cybersecurity in schools
- Training participants in most prevalent cybersecurity threats in K-12 settings.
- Training participants on how to develop specific steps to prevent, mitigate, recover and learn from cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Training participants on how to develop a cybersecurity annex for their building/district ERP
- Sharing resources and best practice
- The participants will be able to raise awareness about cybersecurity threats in their institutions.
- Participants will be able to describe most common cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities that may impact their institutions.
- Participants will be able to incorporate cybersecurity into the school safety and security.
- Participants will learn what resources they can use to improve cybersecurity in their schools
Add to Calendar 12/01/2022 3:00 12/01/2022 4:00 America/Los_Angeles 8th National Student Safety and Security Conference and Workshop 2022 Cybersecurity and Cybersafety in K-12 educational Settings: Threat, Vulnerabilities & Cybersecurity Annex Palms Casino Resort