Courtney Tassin, MA, LPCC
Co-Responder/ Targeted Violence Prevention Clinician Crisis Response Team
Courtney is a Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate in the state of Colorado. Courtney earned her Masters of Arts in forensic psychology from the University of Denver and received her Bachelors of Science in psychology from Louisiana State University. Courtney has fulfilled clinical roles in various forensic settings to include the federal prison system, community mental health centers, competency restoration clinics, and law enforcement co-responder programs. Courtney currently works with the Aurora Police Department’s co-responder model, the Crisis Response Team as the clinician assigned to their Targeted Violence Prevention Program. Courtney works frequently within the school system by providing consultation on threat assessment protocols, mental health policies and procedures, case consultation and recommendations for threat management.
01:00 PM - 01:45 PM Thu, Nov 18, 2021
Crisis and Threat Management Outside of School Hours: A Multidisciplinary ApproachIt is a known fact that school-aged individuals spend more time in school than at home. During school hours students have access to support through teachers, behavioral health staff, SROs and administrators, but what about outside of school hours? A multidisciplinary action team of school staff, community mental health professionals, law enforcement and threat assessment professionals may help.
Learning Objectives and Participant OutcomesParticipants will be learn how to manage threat and crises through the implementation of an after hours action team.
- Understand the importance of a multidisciplinary approach in threat management.
- Create synergy between in school and after hours interventions through continuity of care.
- Facilitate effective information sharing(HIPAA, FERPA, Criminal Justice System) between stakeholders.
- More effectively manage threat and mental health crises through outside engagement.
- Identify key roles for an "after hours" action team by collaborating with community partners.
- Better facilitate information sharing amongst stakeholders.
- Establish continuity of care by coordinating in school and after hours management plans.